Thursday 29 June 2017

Blogging vs. Vlogging (Part 1)

On Thursdays, I will be blogging about myself and my knitting projects to expand my blog.

I started blogging at the end of April after realizing that vlogging was not for me.  I started vlogging last fall after a friend from high school talked to me about her experiences about vlogging.  She loved it and thought I would too.  I was highly interested and did some research about it.  I had been involved in drama productions in high school and was part of a drama company for three years back in 1999, so I'm thinking, it shouldn't be that hard.  Boy, was I wrong.  Talking to a camera is so much different than delivering lines on stage.  First of all, with acting, I am a different person and don't feel so exposed.  Second, a live audience gives you energy from their laughter and responses.  I find it completely different.



My friend then suggested blogging.  I feel so much more comfortable with blogging.  Being in front of a camera is hard work, I find.  Then I need to think of what I'm saying and it doesn't come out right, because I have a slight speech impediment. After I record a blog then I need to edit it.  Ahhhh!  Good editing takes a long time.  Also, all these programs and software are new to me because the last education I got in computers was in 2002 were we studied Microsoft Office 2000.  My computer skills are 17 years out of date.



Editing a document is a breeze compared to video.  However, there still is a lot to learn about blogging.  To be continued next Thursday.

What do you think of me posting twice a week?  Is it too much?  Don't forget to like and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update

     How is everyone doing?  I decided to take a break from writing this blog for a while. I'm not sure when I will come back to regular...