Monday 5 June 2017

The Cherry Tree

Since I was young, I've had back and neck pain because I was born with a spinal curve.  I'm always on the look out for products to help relieve pain or make me feel better.  At the Butterdome craft sale, I stumbled upon a vendor that was selling comfort bags you can heat or freeze.


Then I spoke to Christina and found out that these bags are made from recycled cherry pits from the cherry industry in Western Canada.  The factory washes and dries them so that they can be sold to people who can reuse them.  I think this is a very creative way to reuse something that would have been thrown away.  


The bags are designed and made in Edmonton.  The have many shapes and colours to choose from.  I choose a purple long bag for myself which I purchased.  I brought it home to use but, I left it alone for a second with my daughter. I come back and she is using it on her back saying "so comfy".  The next time I see The Cherry Tree, I am going to buy a small bag for my child, so I can have mine all to myself.

If you are interested in seeing more comfort bag designs go to www.thecherrytree.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update

     How is everyone doing?  I decided to take a break from writing this blog for a while. I'm not sure when I will come back to regular...