Thursday 6 July 2017

Blogging vs. Vlogging Part 2

Now where was I...ah yes, blogging.  There is a lot to learn in blogging as well.  First you need to choose a platform.  I chose a hosted platform, Blogger, because I looked at word press and almost had a heart attack. I would have to build a website from scratch, unless I was willing to spend money on certain web packages. Oh my head!  Blogger is FREE, and all the software come with it, FREE.  "Sign me up,"  I said.  And then I started doing research.  **Bangs head on table**  Then I find out that serious bloggers don't use hosted platforms, but if I wanted to I could always move my blog to Word Press if I get my domain name registered.   Moving the blog would be tricky and take some cash.  I am not sure how serious I am at this point, so I think I'll stay where I am until I feel like it or I get really popular. **Crosses fingers**

At St. Albert's Farmer's Market
The fun part of blogging is going to different shows and Farmer's Markets, meeting different vendors, and writing about their products and stories.  The part that isn't fun: SOCIAL MEDIA!  For the longest time I didn't understand how to use hashtags.  I thought the more unique the word, the better people could find me.  What!?  I had it all backwards, until my blogging friends set me straight.  That's why all the blogs about blogs say that bloggers need to talk to each other, either through social media or meeting up with them (safely, please).  Now that I know that I need to use popular, plain, everyday words, I am getting a lot of likes on Instagram.  I still only have five followers on Twitter, but 65 on Instagram.  A lot of vendors are saying they don't use twitter anymore.  Instagram and Facebook are king.

St. Albert's Farmer's Market
So that's a little insight in to my blogging journey.  Are you a blogger?  Do you find social media hard to navigate?  Does any body have any tips on accumulating Twitter followers?  I would love to hear your comments. You can find me on Twitter @shopberni.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Update

     How is everyone doing?  I decided to take a break from writing this blog for a while. I'm not sure when I will come back to regular...