Monday 22 May 2017

Terre Ferme Pottery

When I walked onto the floor of the Butterdome craft sale, the first thing I saw was the well lit booth of Terre Ferme Pottery.


I was attracted to this booth because I have been knitting for over 10 years and have always wanted a knitting bowl.  There they were sitting in the light saying, "You know you've wanted me for at least 4 years.  Time to buy me."  I loved the designs and colours of the bowls as well.


This is my purchased bowl with my project inside secured by the knitting needle through the holes on its side.  That is my favorite feature of the bowl.  I used to use a normal kitchen bowl for the yarn of my projects but this is even better.


The booth also had beautiful plates, bowls and mugs for purchase as well.  Then I met the artist's husband who said that his wife Kentia was on a break, but she would be back soon so I could speak with her.  I purchased my bowl and promised to stop by again soon, which I did.  Kentia was as warm and friendly as her husband. They are from St. Albert.  She said that she only started making pottery four years ago and it changed her life.  Her inspiration is the beauty that is around her in western Canada and from her travels.  I can relate as I love Alberta as well.


Kentia is not currently selling pottery from her website or on her etsy shop, but I would still check it out the site as people have posted pictures of their purchases.  www.terrefermepottery.etsy.com 
She also has instructions on her website on where to purchase her art in person.  www.terrefermepottery.com  Or check her out on Instagram @terrefermepottery.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks sooo much for your support! I am glad you put your yarn bowl to good use ;)

    ReplyDelete

Update

     How is everyone doing?  I decided to take a break from writing this blog for a while. I'm not sure when I will come back to regular...